- Super Imp - Kindly backup the VM image before re-sizing, in case a rollback is needed.
- The steps mentioned below are for a VM (with dynamic storage ) created using Oracle Virtual Box.
To increase the size of a Virtualbox VM with dynamic storage -
- Open command prompt as admin.
- Change dir to C:\program files\Oracle\VirtualBox.
- Type vboxmanage.exe modifyhd “<Full VM path>” -–resize <Size in MB> and click enter. The resizing process will start.
- Once resize is completed, verify the storage space in Virtualbox interface.
- Start the VM and open Computer Management and Goto Disk Management. You will see the increase space as unallocated.
- Right click on the drive for which the size has to be increased. Click on Extend Volume and add the allocated space and click OK.
- Once done, the additional space will be reflected instantly.